Tax Manager (m/f/d)
About the role
Borealis is happy to announce a new position, with excellent career perspectives - Tax Manager! The Tax Manager reports to the Head of Group Tax and helps to ensure compliance with tax regulations and tax optimal structures and processes in all relevant jurisdictions. This requires that the Tax Manager engages in case-specific tax planning, project management and tax compliance as well as in recurring tax risk management and tax reporting activities.
As Tax Manager, you will...:
- Tax management of mergers and acquisitions, business restructurings, integration of acquisitions, the establishment of new plants/sites and other projects.
- Collaboration and assisting the Business and other Borealis departments in all matters related to tax and ensure that they are following the guidelines in tax as set by the Group Tax department. Ensuring that the collaboration with business is working and that the different Business Units are considering tax as an issue they are responsible for when making deals and signing contracts.
- Support and advise the optimization of the legal entity structure and the gearing of the Borealis entities
- Supervise or manage tax audits worldwide
- Identification and management of tax risks and tax opportunities
- Monitoring relevant tax law developments in major jurisdictions and suggest pro-active measures if appropriate
- Review and support the IFRS tax reporting / tax planning process
- US tax planning and steering/ monitoring US tax compliance
- Ensure tax compliance and administrative efficiency in group-internal international secondments (together with the HR department)
- Managing external tax advisors in all relevant countries
- Cooperating with country finance managers and their teams in all relevant countries
- Close working relationship and collaboration with other departments of the CFO Group (in specific local country finance managers, central accounting team, treasury & funding team, business finance teams) as well as with the legal department, the business
- University degree in Business Administration or Law or equivalent
- Tax Advisors Certification preferred
- Postgraduate International Tax preferred
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken at business level
- Minimum 6 years of experience in corporate tax management from either a large corporation or consultancy (ideally combined)
- In-depth knowledge of national and international tax laws, regulations and practices including EU tax law
- Profound knowledge in the field of transfer pricing
- Solid Indirect Tax Know-How
- Reliability and a high attention to detail
- Team player and cross functional facilitator (moderator capabilities)
- Strong communicating skills
- Ability to manage effectively in a multicultural environment and context
- Positive attitude and spirit, innovative thinking
About Borealis and our offer
We are here for you! If you have any questions, please contact Daniar Ramankulov, We are here for you! If you have any questions, please contact Daniar Ramankulov, email@example.com. Please note that applications via e-mail will not be accepted since we are serious about protection of your personal data, so thank you for applying online.
Following Austrian law regulations, we offer, reflecting your experiences, skills and competencies, competitive compensation based on the collective labour agreement chemical industry starting at EUR 80.000 annual gross salary (based on 38 hrs/week) and are willing to pay more based on your experience and background. In addition, we offer a yearly bonus and a voluntary company pension plan.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy for further applications when we have received sufficient applications that meet the advertised requirements and will contact you as soon as screening is closed.