Working with us means believing in the future; in the great people who are shaping it together every day and in the wide-ranging career paths it opens up. #believeinyourself
Group Financial Sanctions Officer (all genders)
- Location: Vienna
- Working-Hours: Full-time
- Occupation Area: Legal services and Compliance
- Company: Erste Group Bank AG
Erste Group was founded in 1819 as the first Austrian savings bank and today it is one of the largest banking groups in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). As an attractive employer, Erste Group offers interesting career opportunities in an international environment.
Group Financial Sanctions is a division within Correspondent Banking AML and Group Compliance, responsible for ensuring Erste Group's compliance with European and international financial sanctions regimes & embargoes. Furthermore, Group Financial Sanctions is responsible for the group-wide implementation of financial sanctions & embargoes, relevant legislation and best practice standards in Erste Group and its subsidiaries. Policies and procedures are an important part of every sanctions compliance program, but in order to be effective and efficient, financial sanctions know how must be delivered to business units and Group wide Compliance functions by giving practical advice, as well as by trainings. In order to strengthen our team, we are searching for a Group Financial Sanctions Officer.
- Daily business with regard to Sanctions & Embargoes (taking decisions to release or reject stopped transactions based on sanctions related indicators, active handling of customer related requests, handling "requests for information" to/from correspondent banks, conducting legal and investigative research using international databases & advising business departments on the execution of deals in case there is a sanction related tangent)
- Act in accordance with Erste Group policies, business requirements, service regulations, procedures and organizational requirements focusing on sanctions & embargoes
- Contribute to the further development of related IT systems/ filters
- Actively dealing with the respective compliance-relevant regulations/laws for companies and the possible application of these in the respective local compliance functions within Erste Group
- Support in communicating the minimum compliance requirements throughout the Group and monitoring of the implementation in local processes, guidelines etc.
- University degree or similar education in economics or law and 1- 3 years working experience within a bank or other relevant organizations (e.g. national / international regulators, legal services, consulting services, internal- / external auditors), ideally with a focus on financial crime compliance and sanctions
- Good knowledge on existing compliance relevant legislation related to financial sanctions, embargoes and/ or export control law
- Assertiveness, problem solving skills, negotiation skills, presentation skills, analytical and structured thinking, advanced social competence, lateral thinking, cultural diversity
- Advanced experience with banking processes & products and with sanction related tools is of advantage
- Fluent in English, German and/or any CEE language would be an advantage
- You are interested to join us on the journey towards building a compliance culture by creating values for our customers and the Group
- We offer an interesting and challenging position in a highly motivated team
- The opportunity to work and develop in a highly dynamic and international environment with growing relevance
- Discover and enjoy the benefits of Erste Group
- The minimum wage for this position in accordance with the collective agreement with complete fulfillment of the functional profile is EUR 40.120,36 gross per year (on full-time basis). But this is just a formality - we would be happy to talk about your actual salary in person!
- We offer our employees the opportunity to divide their hours between working from home and at the office.
- Erste Group considers the diversity of its employees as key to innovation and success. As employer we are proud to offer everyone equal chances, irrespective of age, skin colour, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation or origin.