Working at Erste Group means pursuing a common goal and being enthusiastic about shared values. We always treat one another with respect, empathy, and understanding for our diverse backgrounds. This applies to our customers as well as to our employees.
LC Deal Execution Manager (all genders)
Occupation Area: Sonstige
Company: Erste Group Bank AG
Erste Group was founded in 1819 as the first Austrian savings bank and today it is one of the largest banking groups in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). As an attractive employer, Erste Group offers interesting career opportunities in an international environment.
Large Corporates (LC) represents Erste Group's group-wide client coverage unit for large corporate clients with a consolidated turnover of more than EUR 75mn. LC Deal Execution & Customer Service is an essential part of Large Corporates, which as a Client coverage and sales organization consists of the following functions:
- Origination, which is performed by Industry Bankers/Parent Account Managers (PAM) with a group-wide coverage and sales responsibility,
- Industry and credit analyses, performed by Industry Analysts who contribute to relationship management, deal origination, industry work and prepare credit applications, industry reports and client reviews, managing "time to Yes"
- Deal Execution Managers with the responsibility to run complex loan transactions from approval to disbursement managing "time to money" and
- Customer Service dealing with daily client business and post-disbursement loan activities
Deal Execution manages and orchestrates all parties involved in complex loan and other banking transactions like corporate and leveraged finance, loan syndication, transaction banking, client onboarding, in-house and external lawyers, as well as different product units, mid-office and finally back-office as the booking unit with the aim to create a best-in class customer experience. Constant monitoring of the deal-flow and ongoing communication to all parties and a good understanding of Loan Business, Loan Documentation including collaterals and banking systems needed are important ingredients for efficient management of transactions.
- Take full responsibility for deal execution from the final term sheet until/credit approval until disbursement
- Set-up, orchestrate and manage deal execution teams for relevant complex transactions and take the lead in the respective transaction
- Act as a senior counterpart in a transaction for the client and external lawyers and all relevant internal stakeholders (products, risk, legal, operations, CEE-banks and PAMs)
- Act as an in-house expert for loan life cycle (LLC) processes and management
- Drive and contribute to continuous process efficiency measures (KAIZEN)
- Coordinate, contribute and execute accessions, prolongations, waivers, amendments/restatements, loan transfers/ syndications
- Contribute to structuring of a loan transaction
- Define transaction milestones, set timeline, perform and monitor milestone fulfillment
- Guide and develop more junior colleagues
- In a senior role take leadership for process efficiency or LLC enhancement initiatives
- University degree preferably in law is of advantage
- Min. 3-5 years of banking experience, ideally in a corporate role or in a legal department with focus on loan documentation
- Overall banking, legal, credit and regulatory knowledge
- Ability to handle complex client situations in execution phase
- Solution-oriented, self-responsible, self-initiative and highly collaborative mindset
- Distinct credit and legal documentation (LMA) know-how
- Sound knowledge of loan terms, collaterals, conditions, payment instructions
- Understanding of various banking systems and tools (Cockpit, uCoin etc.) of advantage
- Project management skills
- Stress resistance
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent German and English
- Form integral part in the Large Corporates team
- Work in diverse and international teams
- Take execution responsibility for significant deals
- Deepen corporate banking and product knowledge
- Participate in specific in LC-training and development programs
- Discover and enjoy the benefits of Erste Group
- A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 39.356,-- gross per year
- Erste Group considers the diversity of its employees as key to innovation and success. As employer we are proud to offer everyone equal chances, irrespective of age, skin colour, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation or origin.