"I believe that there are different ways to achieve a goal."
So do we.
Working at Erste Group means pursuing a common goal and being enthusiastic about shared values. We always treat one another with respect, empathy, and understanding for our diverse backgrounds. This applies to our customers as well as to our employees.
Head of Desk - Documentary Business (all genders)
Occupation Area: Others
Company: Erste Group Bank AG
Erste Group was founded in 1819 as the first Austrian savings bank and today it is one of the largest banking groups in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). As an attractive employer, Erste Group offers interesting career opportunities in an international environment.
The Trade Finance unit, a major part of Group Transaction Banking in Erste Group Bank AG, is especially responsible for the advisory and execution of Letters of Credit and other documentary business activities for Erste Group Bank AG, Erste Bank der oesterreichischen Sparkassen AG as well as other savings banks and financial institutions.
- Advise corporate clients on trade finance/documentary business transactions e.g. import/export Letters of Credits and related financing products (LC discounting, post finance)
- Conduct the required checks (e.g. sanctions, compliance, authorization, cover)
- You are in contact with clients, product sales and account managers on the status of their transactions
- Responsible for the day-to-day execution of transactions, including related documentary checks according to UCP 600 and for the administration of transactions in our documentary management system, related correspondence and other activities in accordance with the working procedures
- At least a minimum of 5 years of experience in a comparable function, preferably in commercial banking or within a trade finance department of a corporation
- A business/commercial education background
- You are ideally familiar with commodity trade finance transactions based on warehouse receipts, private insurances and transport (insurance) documents
- A strong knowledge of the UCP 600 and ISP98
- A motivated team player who is interested to grow within a team of specialists
- MS-Office user skills and experience
- Business fluent in German and English
- The potential to grow into a head of desk role for the Documentary Business team
- A challenging and dynamic area of responsibility
- The chance to acquire further skills on the job and through trainings
- The chance to positively influence and be a part of a digital transformation process
- The opportunity to contribute to effectively promote Trade Finance throughout Erste Group's Corporate client base
- Discover and enjoy the benefits of Erste Group
- A competitive and performance-related salary dependent on your professional and personal qualifications is granted - the minimum wage for this position in accordance with the respective collective agreement is EUR 39.356,-- gross per year
- Erste Group considers the diversity of its employees as key to innovation and success. As employer we are proud to offer everyone equal chances, irrespective of age, skin colour, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation or origin